Continuing our Influencer Interview series, I have asked Katrin Nikitina, a Instagram blogger who has surpassed a little over 6 thousand followers and owns her own online jewelry company called Vintage Story of my Life a series of questions. She is truly a sweet person, actively posts fashion, her personal style, her cozy home details, and some of her day to day life as an expecting mother. Katrin also runs a small Youtube channel. Her perfectly aesthetic feed, travel photos, and yummy pictures of food really drew me to connecting with her on this interview. I am so excited for this feature and hope you are too! Read along to get to know her a bit better than what you see online:
- Aside from fashion and building your business what are some of your hobbies?
- K: In addition to fashion, I love to travel. Now it has become possible to do this for very little money. It’s always great to get away for 4-5 days in Italy or Germany. Rent an apartment on Airbnb then sit and drink wine watching the locals. Or walk until late in the small streets of Europe.
- Where and how do you find inspiration for your fashion sense and home?
- K: At the moment I’m looking for inspiration on platforms like Instagram or Pinterest, everybody know this platforms. Nothing new, but these platforms are updated every second with new content and reflect all the latest fashion trends which we have now.
- What is your vision for yourself and your Instagram in the near future? What goals do you have for yourself?
- K: I like what I’m doing now. I like the content I’m creating now, and I hope people will like it more and bit more. I still want to be natural and this is a reflection of me.
- What is something you are looking forward to about being a mother soon? From your Instagram that you will be expecting soon, you’ve shown you will be expecting soon.
- K: Yes, it will happen soon at the end of March. And I don’t know what to expect since I’ve never been a mother before. Now I am watching webinars and reading specific literature – it doesn’t look so scary now. I want to be a fashionable young mom from the 21st century.
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- K: After 10 years from now, I see myself, my husband and our two children (Mark and Diana) living in a beautiful apartment in our city, having their own business (maybe few businesses) and often traveling around Europe. Sounds boring, but true.
- Your favorite place that you have traveled to and why? Where would you like to go next?
- K: I love Italy so much – Rome Florence Milan. For the delicious food, for the atmosphere, for the wine, and beautiful architecture. I feel happy and free there. We plan to go to Budapest this fall.
- How do you handle some of your most stressful days? What makes you feel most at peace?
- K: Two things help me to handle my most stressful days: my husband, who always helps with advice or hugs, and sports (it unloads the brain and is good for health).
- What are some of your favorite go-to beauty brands — whether it’s clothes, jewelery, makeup, skincare, etc.
- K: My favorite brands are Mango Asos Zara and the most important is vintage stores, where you can always find something interesting and unique.I do not have favorite brands from skincare or makeup, I always try something new.
- Can you tell us what your personal brand VSOL (Vintage Story of my life) and what it’s about?
- K: Our brand is based on the fact that every girl can feel herself like a fashionable Parisian girl even in Russia. Yes you can buy earrings or chains at H&M. But we want that every girl feels herself so special. We cover her fashionable chain or earrings in a beautiful bag with a name card inside and she feel that it is not a common shopping it is something more..
- How did you begin your personal business? Did you ever doubt yourself or have second thoughts?
- K: Initially, I was very hesitant and thought nothing would come out, I still often worry and fear to develop my business further. It all started with vintage stores and clothing sales in Instagram then accessories were added. Our page went through a lot of changes to come to what it is now. I remember that in one day I realized we need to start acting Not thinking! Along the way we will deal with all the problems.
If you love Katrin’s content and would like to see more of her, check out her instagram down below: @katrinnikitina
Writing this was a lot of fun and if there is someone in particular you would love for me to interview next, please let me know in the comments. Thank you!