As much as I love fashion, buying clothes, bags, shoes, and more, I have come to realize that with so much in my closet, I barely own any products that come from businesses owned by POC or small owned brands in general. This is something I really want to change and something we all can start doing too. Especially with the pandemic, small businesses have been greatly affected. With our money, we choose what we support and what we believe in.
With petitions, protests, and more awareness being brought to topics that have been kept in the dark, there is no better time than now to start making small changes to our lives by helping out these businesses, foundations, and donating too. We can all make a difference and start supporting local and online black owned businesses. In this list, I have curated and linked 100 black owned stores from candles, museums, fashion, home, body and self-care, galleries, skin, makeup, beauty, hair, restaurants and more. Share this and tag any other brands or people that have their own business to support.
- Diana’s Closet – bottoms, dresses, face masks, jumpsuits, swimwear, tops, and more.
2. ShowSomeLeg.co – workout leggings, mesh, printed, workout sets, and more.
3. TLSwim.com – swimwear such as bikinis and one pieces.
4. NeedMyStyle.com – dresses, bodysuits, rompers, matching sets, shoes, accessories, swimwear, and more.
5. Shop Trilling – vintage pieces
6. The Mie – beautiful, girly and flowy dresses
7. JBD Apparel – handmade clothing sets and skirts
8. Phlemuns – gender-neutral clothing
9. Asata Maise – vintage pieces that are turned into unique outfits
10. Galeria LA – loungewear, accessories, skin, self-care and more.
11. PyerMoss – art, design, matching suits, jeans, loungewear and more.
12. Kenneth Ize – menswear line
13. Brother Vellies – boots, handbags, shoes, sandals, leather goods, and more.
14. Cushnie – dresses, tops, bottoms, knitwear, jackets, and more.
15. Jadeswim – swimwear
16. Telfar– hats, belts, jewelry and more
17. LemLem – clothing and home goods
18. Gallery Department – clothing brand
19. Proclaim – lingerie and underwear ethically made
20. Lait de Coco – handmade clothes, jewelry and more
Skincare / Makeup
1. Briogeo – everything haircare from shower caps, to brushes, to oils and more.
2. Glory Skin Care – oils, beauty masks, serums, sunscreen, foams, and more.
3. BeautyBakerieMakeup – lips, eyes, face, and ore.
4. Be Transcendent – plant-based natural skin care
5. Camille Rose – gourmet hair and body blends, conditioners, clean rinses, and more.
6. Skin Buttr – natural body butters, scrubs and skincare.
7. Nude Barre – eco-friendly intimates
8. Mented Cosmetics – vegan, paraben-free, non-toxic, and cruelty free makeup
9. KLUR – moisturizers, cleansers, body and more.
10. LIHA Beauty – candles, body care, oils and more
11. ‘JentlLLC – skincare, vegan, organic and cruelty free
12. Essentials by Temi – skincare
13. Epara – luxury skin care
14. Naked Flamingo – cruelty free, recyclable, organic, and plant based
15. Nola Skin Essentials – organic face masks, natural ingredients and more.
16. Skin by Nequai – handmade women founded skincare brand
17. Montgomery 32 – vegan skincare
18. Brown and Coconut – plant based beaut
19. Amenda Beauty – skincare, non-toxic
20. Mielle Organics LLC – growth and moisture brand
Self-Care / Hair Care
1. TheHoneyPot.co – feminine and hygiene care.
2. The Doux – texture cream, shampoo, conditioner, curl creams and more
3. Spiced Sugah – teeth, face, skin, body butters and more.
4. SnobMobb – hair bundles
5. Golde – health and beauty
6. CURLS – hair growth, natural hair brand and protecting your curls
7. Heavens scent – body and skin care products, hand poured candles, plant based and more.
8. Joe and Monroe – luxury scented candles, coconut, hand poured, and more.
9. Glow Candle Care – natural soy, eco-friendly, essential – oil and more.
10. La Botica – luxury concept candle brand
11. Freedom Apothecary – beauty, wellness, women-founded, and more.
12. BLK + GRN – non-toxic, natural products
13. Peak and Valley co – blends, and health
14. Movita Organics – certified organic supplements for women, vegan, allergen free, and more
15. Bekura Beauty – body and hair
16. Organic Bath Co – skincare, bath, beauty and more.
17. Alaffia – soap, cruelly free, hair and more.
19. HoneyDipped Essentials – natural and handmade products for home and body
20. Handmade by Kate – natural, eco-friendly, and more.
2. Claude Home – NYC vintage furniture and design
3. Crete & Co – hand cast concrete goods
4. Peace & Riot
5. Linoto – bed, bath and home
7. Claire Paint
8. Isatu Hyde
9. Lichen – furniture, interiors, and more.
11. Tracie Hervy
12. Pottery by Rosa
13. Estelle Colored Glass – hand-blown colored glass
14. Established 25 – interior styling, homeware, and more.
17. BLK MKT Vintage
Museums / Galleries
- ZuCot Gallery (GA)
- Sabree’s Gallery of the Arts (GA)
- Waller Gallery (MD)
- The Gallery About Nothing (MD)
- Annie’s Art Gallery (MO)
- Arnika Dawkins (GA)
- Rush Arts Philadelphia (PA)
- The Museum of African American Art (PA)
- Northwest African American Museum (WA)
- Woodcuts Fine Art Gallery (TN)
- Band of Vices (CA)
- Paulson Fontaine Press (CA)
- Betti Ono (CA)
- Thelma Harris Art (CA)
- Homme DC (DC)
- Terrance Osbourne Gallery (LA)
- Left of Center Art Gallery (NV)
- The Underground Museum (CA)
- Dreamhaus LA (CA)
- E&S Gallery (KY)
- Queens of Sheba NYC
- Brooklyn Tea
- Pizza and Pumps
- Seasoned Vegan
- Sol Sips
- Chez Alex Bakery
- Cafe on Ralph
- Verdure Inc.
- Memes Healthy Nibbles
- Communitea Cafe