As we continue the Influencer Interview series, today’s spotlight is on Summer Rachel Warren, a social media and fashion influencer as well as a personal stylist. Growing up, she has moved all over the United States, and even outside the country before settling down in Arizona where she is at the moment. After going to school originally for Communications then switching over to Fashion Merchandising and graduating, she quickly realized Fashion was something she loved. Over the past few months, Warren has also built up almost 170k followers on Tik Tok with her styling videos and fashion related content. She will soon be at 40k Instagram followers and she is only going to continuing to grow.
Besides style and clothing, Warren has other hobbies and a vision for herself and her life to always strive to be happy as well as to travel once the world is in a safer state. Read on for more about about Summer Rachel Warren, where she is from, how she started Tik Tok, her tips for confidence, a company she’d love to collaborate with and more.
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself. (Where you’re from, your career, etc.)
- S: I am a 22 year old Content Creator and Social Media Influencer currently based in Arizona. I was originally born in South Carolina, but my mother served in the US Army therefore I spent my entire childhood constantly moving. I have lived in Colorado, Texas, California, Germany, and even South Korea. To keep it short, I just tell people I’m from Texas.
- Since our blog is called Glamour and Guide, what are your favorite go-to brands at the moment— whether it’s clothes, jewelry, shoes, etc.?
- S: IAMGIA for the perfect it-girl outfit. TresColori for custom jewelry to make a memorable statement. Nike Air Max 98’s or Chanel double strap sandals. Lastly, for makeup I will never leave the house without my Huda Beauty Demi matte lipstick in shade SHEro.
- How did you get into fashion and styling? When did it become a part of your life?
- S: I was a communications major at Texas State and hated it. I started working at a clothing boutique and decided to switch to Fashion Merchandising. Shortly after, BooHoo reached out to me on Instagram and here I am today!
- You have quite a large amount of TikTok followers and a lot of creative and stylish content on there. When did you first get into Tik Tok and was it something you did for fun or you knew you wanted to create fashion related videos?
- S: I actually was against Tik Tok because I thought it was cool to stan Vine super hard lol. I decided to join Tik Tok when quarantine hit and I was hooked. I joined in May 2020 and it was just for fun. My friend sent me a styling video and said I should try it out. So I did and it hit 600k views overnight. I realized then that I had found my niche.
- Aside from fashion, styling, and posting content, what are some of your hobbies? Or some things not a lot of people know about you?
- S: I absolutely love stand up comedy. I have a pretty dark sense of humor so I love to giggle and joke about life on my down time. I also am a huge klutz. I spill and drop food/drinks about 6x a week. I have an entire private story on snapchat where I strictly post my accidents and mishaps because I do it that often.
- What do you feel most confident in? And tips for confidence when dressing out of your comfort zone?
- S: I feel most confident in my skin. This was not an easy journey but I am at the point where I feel empowered showing off a ton of skin or being completely covered up. I feel powerful being able to decide what I feel like showing off and not letting what other people think is ‘ok’ affect my decisions. My biggest tip is to throw on that outfit you’ve been dying to wear and tell yourself “if it makes me happy or sexy or comfortable, nothing else matters”
- How do you handle some of your most stressful days? What makes you feel most at peace
- S: Opening the windows to let in light, pour a cup of lemonade, light a candle, and watch Cody Ko
- What is your favorite place you have traveled to, and why? Where would you like to go next even though we are still facing COVID-19?
- S: My favorite place on this planet is Bali, Indonesia. I know its touristy but I have traveled to 30+ countries and no place has ever legitimately taken my breath away the way that the island of Nusa Penida did. Next stop on my list is Milan.
- Is there a company you would love to collaborate with?
- S: I would actually die to work with IAMGIA. I am obsessed with their story, brand vision, and unique designs.
- For those who are looking to build a personal brand, work with companies in the future, build up a following, and get into the fashion industry, what are some of your tips or pieces of advice? Is there anything you wish someone would’ve told you?
- S: Honestly if you’ve got it, that ‘it-factor”, not saying that I have that but if you have the talent and timing then all you need is the drive to make it happen. The one thing I wish someone had told me is that it does not have to be a hobby. It can actually become a full time career if you treat it like one. Last year I thought it was a fun side hustle, now that I have an entrepreneurial mindset I have been able to turn this into my job. The only thing thats in your way of success is you.
- What is your vision for yourself, your life, and your future?
- S: I always say this, and I’ll say it til my last day. I want to be happy. To me, happiness is being completely surrounded by motivated and positive souls.
If you love Summer’s content and would like to see more, check out her Instagram down below: @summerrachelwarren
Also visit summerrachelpresets.com if you would like to purchase her presets and her Youtube Channel!
If you would like to see her fashion related Tik Tok videos, follow her here!